You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-04-11 02:47:39

gsnoopy520
Credits: 0
Bank: 0

Comprar Nike Air Max 2018

HOUSTON air jordan 11 midnight navy pre order , Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- Explosions and fires broke out Thursday at a chemical plant in Crosby, northeast of Great Houston after the area was flood-strickened.

The Arkema chemical plant which is about 40 km from downtown Houston, was knocked out power by floodwaters on Monday. The plant needs electricity to keep volatile chemicals stored at the facility cool.

At a press conference Wednesday, Rich Rowe air jordan 11 midnight navy for sale , Arkema's CEO, said that if the volatile organic peroxides stored at the plant get too warm, some sort of explosion is inevitable.

Authorities cautioned nearby residents to stay inside, turn off their air conditioning and close their windows and doors.

All employees at the plant had been evacuated by late Tuesday air jordan 11 midnight navy unc , as were residents from about 300 nearby homes. The Federal Aviation Administration barred flights over the area.

The chemicals at risk, organic peroxides, are stored in nine 18-wheeler box vans with 36,000 pounds each. Once they lose refrigeration air jordan 11 midnight navy 2017 , they generate heat that causes them to degrade and burn.

Dr. Wang, an environmental engineer with a Houston-based company, told Xinhua that, in fact air jordan 11 midnight navy , it's not "explosion", and it's a kind of burst. He further explained that the organic peroxides would react with water, resulting in propylene glycol, which is harmless to human. "In an area no less than 2.5 km away from the plant jordan 11 retro midnight navy , you should be safe."

The Hurricane Harvey has downgraded to a tropical depression, but heavy rains still could cause new flooding in far eastern Texas and western Louisiana, according to the National Hurricane Center on Wednesday.

As for Wednesday evening, more than 30 people were dead or feared dead in the flooding triggered by Harvey jordan 11 midnight navy retail , according to local officials.

Catastrophic flooding waters brought by the Hurricane Harvey which made landfall Friday night have inundated Houston. As water begins to recedes in Houston, some challenges remains, such as environmental pollution and public health issues.

A look at Xiamen-Moscow freight train service center

Salt fields enter into harvest season in China's Liaoning

China's summer travel peak ends

In pics: construction site of Hinkley Point C project in Britain

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

At least 2 died, 8 injured in knife attack in Turku jordan 11 midnight navy pre order , Finland

13 killed, over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

SHENZHEN, China, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- World number 3 Agnieszka Radwanska went through an unexpected tough battle in the first round at WTA Shenzhen Open as she survived 3 match points to edge home wild card Duan Yinging 6-2, 6-7(4), 7-4.

The Polish fared well at the beginning of the match before facing a solid come-back from Duan in the second set. The home player showed her great power and move to level the match with a 7-4 win in the tie-break.

Duan could have sealed the victory in the 10th game of decider, but all her 3 match points were saved by the defending champion. After breaking again in the 12th game, the top seed finally claimed her first vitory in the new season.

"The first match in any tournament is always difficult. I'm very happy to win today, because it is a really tough game. Duan played really well. Although her rank is not very high, her power and serve are pretty good," Radwanska told the press conference.

"I'm satified with my performance today because I have given out what I got in the winter training. I'm not as good as top players when facing key points. I was thinking too much when the match points came out," said the 103rd ranked home player.

No.2 seed, Simona Halep of Romania came back in the decider after a hiccup in the second set, outlasting former world number one, Serbia's Jelena Jankovic 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 to advance into the second round. It was also her seventh straight win over the 2008 US Open runner-up.

"I feel really good to win the game. It's a tough one and Jelena is a pretty good player, also former world number one. I know it won't be easy today. But I'm really happy to have this game at the beginning of the season, " said the 25-year-old.

Halep is going to play Katerina Siniakova of Czech Republic in the second round, who knocked out home star Peng Shuai in two straight sets 6-3, 7-5.

Beginning her first season as the top 10 player, 3rd-seeded Johanna Konta humiliated Turkish Cagla Buyukakcay 6-2, 6-0 within 56 minutes.

UNITED NATIONS, Dec. 11 (Xinhua) -- The UN Security Council on Sunday "condemned in the strongest terms the heinous and cowardly terrorist attacks" in Istanbul, Turkey, which left at least 39 people dead and 155 others injured.

The 15-nation UN body, in a press statement, reaffirmed that "terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security."

"The members of the Security Council underlined the need to bring perpetrators, organizers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism to justice and urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively with the Government of Turkey and all other relevant authorities in this regard," the statement said.

Two bomb blasts outside a football stadium in central Istanbul on Saturday, reports said, adding that a moving car was detonated targeting riot police on duty near a stadium in the district of Besiktas, where a football match ended about one and half an hour before.

"They stressed that those responsible for these killings should be held accountable and urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively wi.

2018-04-11 02:47:39

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer